Video Editing Project 8th Grade Choice Project
Step 1: Choose from the following topics
Travel & Tourism
Documentary of a geographic location showing places that people may not otherwise be able to see. This type of video can provide information about the culture, climate, history, interesting landmarks of an area, and other topics about a place. This type of video can be historical in nature or simply told from a human-interest point of view.
Demonstration, Introduction or Orientation
Usually this has a training objective. This video could be a casual fun style to welcome people and orient them to a workplace or community. Tours of communities are popular and useful to show people who may be thinking of relocating. “How-To” videos could fall into this category.
Science and nature videos are popular, educational, and can be entertaining. Natural phenomenon films analyze measurable changes using digital equipment. It could include experiments, statistical facts, interviews, and objective reporting. This video leaves the audience wondering an outcome until the end of the video--may even end with several unanswered questions
Interview a partner to find out essential and fascinating information. Try to go beyond the standard topics (Grade, hobbies, etc.) and find out at least one “fascinating factoid” about the person…. Maybe a place they have traveled to, a goal they have for their life, an experience they had that was unique to them….
1. In what ways are you different from other members of your family and why?
2. In what ways are you different from your friends and why?
3. If you had to make a video of yourself, what would you be doing in it
4. What’s the greatest accomplishment in your life so far and why?
5. What’s the biggest danger you’ve faced and why?
6. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done and why?
7. In what ways are you eccentric, strange or mysterious?
Step 2: Project Overview & Planning (this is on S:Info Processing)
Fill out the Hand-In doc for approval - with the following information:
Select your screen partner if you need one : Who is it? You may only have 1.
Select your videographer (the person actually shooting your video).Video Category:
Step 3: Videotape the project
You will want to tape 5-15 minutes of video even though your finished project will be no longer than 5 minutes. You want to have a good “pool” of video to choose from.
Step 4: Capture the video
Step 5: Make the movie using iMovie ’09.
Must have the following specs:
• Use good quality clips
• Cut unnecessary video
• Entire video (when finished) should be no longer than 3-5 minutes.
• Transitions between clips
• Title at the beginning that is narrated with microphone
• Credits at the end
• Titles inserted between clips. Your choice of how many…
• Audio or music or both